[OHSW.org] Neo900: Crowd funding experience

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
So Nov 3 13:33:20 CET 2013

Am 03.11.2013 um 13:27 schrieb Neal H. Walfield:

> At Sun, 3 Nov 2013 13:20:41 +0100,
> Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>> Am 03.11.2013 um 12:44 schrieb Neal H. Walfield:
>>
>>> Perhaps Nikolaus could give a short presentation detailing his
>>> experience with his crowd funding experiences?
>>
>> Hm, what do you expect to learn?
>>
>> a) it works
>
> My recollention is that the GTA04 campaign from 2 years was only
> marginal successfully (you expected more orders than you received) and
> the second batch didn't get enough orders at all.

Yes, that is right. But what can we conclude from that?

>> b) it has worked for the GTA04 and appears to work for Neo900
>
> And the campaign has worked better the Neo900: in just a few days
> you've raised 15k...

Which is still less than we had raised for the GTA04 in total. But there we
did raise funds for complete devices so a lower number of donators
was sufficient, but working devices already demonstrated.

The Neo900 campaign currently focusses to finance the development,
and not yet sell devices. For the GTA04 we did cover the development
cost from earning from selling GTA02 devices in the years before.

So we could of course discuss that, but I simply don't know what conclusions
to draw.

More interesting will be to present a first Neo900 prototype which I will try to
be able to demonstrate. Maybe with UMTS already working (connected to
a notebook by USB).