[Letux-kernel] X1600 / LX16 support - here: adding MMC

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Sat Feb 10 12:45:48 CET 2024

On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 11:40:52 +0100

> > Am 10.02.2024 um 11:32 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
> >
> > On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 11:11:40 +0100
> > "H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,

> >> Yes, that is some bug in the OST (Operating System Timer?) driver which is not directly related to the CGU (Clock and Gate Unit?).
> >>
> > BTW:
> > /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0 # cat available_clocksource
> > ingenic-ost ingenic-timer
> >
> > while running
> > BusyBox v1.30.1 (Debian 1:1.30.1-6+b3)
> >
> > which has also devmem included, uImage is just at 6MB
> > with that included.
> >
> > -# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD is not set
> > +CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD=y
> > +CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE="devnodes.txt root"
> > +CONFIG_INITRAMFS_ROOT_UID=1000
> > +CONFIG_INITRAMFS_ROOT_GID=1000
> > +CONFIG_RD_GZIP=y
> > +# CONFIG_RD_BZIP2 is not set
> > +# CONFIG_RD_LZMA is not set
> > +# CONFIG_RD_XZ is not set
> > +# CONFIG_RD_LZO is not set
> > +# CONFIG_RD_LZ4 is not set
> > +# CONFIG_RD_ZSTD is not set
> > +CONFIG_INITRAMFS_COMPRESSION_GZIP=y
> > +# CONFIG_INITRAMFS_COMPRESSION_NONE is not set
> >
> > $ cat devnodes.txt
> > dir /dev 0755 0 0
> > dir /proc 0755 0 0
> > dir /sys 0755 0 0
> > nod dev/console 0620 0 0 c 5 1
> > nod dev/null 0666 0 0 c 1 3
> >
> > for some reason devtmpfs (which would be initially populated) does not
> > get automounted, and to avoid fiddling with these nodes as root, I use this
> > file, so building initramfs works without root.
> >
> > root is just bin/busybox + symlinks (including one from bin/busybox to /init
> >

> >> Not having that running may have a minor influence on the MMC, but I am not sure it is.
> >
> > well, I am looking around for suspicious things.
> > That is why I stumbled upon the led issue. Maybe I should check
> > whether gpio handling works, maybe something gets not driven correctly.
>
> Can you see /sys/class/leds? Then it should be possible to manually control
> the heartbeat LED gpio.

/ # date ; sleep 60 ; date
Thu Jan  1 12:57:29 UTC 1970
Thu Jan  1 12:58:29 UTC 1970
/ #
/ # cd /sys/class/leds/led-0/
device/     power/      subsystem/
/ # cd /sys/class/leds/led-0/
/sys/devices/platform/leds/leds/led-0 # ls
brightness      max_brightness  subsystem       uevent
device          power           trigger
/sys/devices/platform/leds/leds/led-0 # cat brightness
0
/sys/devices/platform/leds/leds/led-0 # cat trigger
[none] rfkill-any rfkill-none kbd-scrolllock kbd-numlock kbd-capslock kbd-kanalock kbd-shiftlock kbd-altgrlock kbd-ctrllock kbd-altlock kbd-shiftllock kbd-shiftrlock kbd-ctrlllock kbd-ctrlrlock timer oneshot heartbeat cpu cpu0 default-on transient mmc0
/sys/devices/platform/leds/leds/led-0 # echo 1 >brightness
/sys/devices/platform/leds/leds/led-0 # echo 0 >brightness
/sys/devices/platform/leds/leds/led-0 # cat max_brightness
1
/sys/devices/platform/leds/leds/led-0 #

no effect, the middle led is constantly on, the others are
constantly off.
/sys/devices/platform/leds/leds/led-0 # echo heartbeat >trigger

no effect either.