[Letux-kernel] X1600 / LX16 support - here: adding MMC

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Feb 9 17:02:51 CET 2024

Hi Andreas,

> Am 09.02.2024 um 16:20 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>
> Hi Nikolaus,
>
> On Fri, 9 Feb 2024 15:14:11 +0100
>
>> Unfortunately we can't look into /sys/kernel/debug...
>
> well, you can either use an initrd (haven't a nice mips one lying
> around here, but maybe just an alpine image suffices),

Or one of the letux rootfs? http://download.goldelico.com/letux-debian-rootfs/wheezy-mipsel-minimal.tbz

But I think it is far too big for an initrd (ca. 100 MB).

> or configure

Yes, that yould work but is probably the same complexity as fixing
the real bug.

> one of the slots as gpio and use mmc over spi over gpio.

In both cases we disable the mmc initialization we want to analyse.
To understand why the setup isn't correct.

So I think the only way seems to printk inside the running mmc driver...

It doesn't look very difficult. Just some io_remap and loops to hexdump
multiple register values.

Then look into the PM to understand the bit values...

The good thing will be that if we find a fix, we can easily compare before
and after.