[Letux-kernel] X1600 / LX16 support - here: adding MMC

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Thu Feb 8 14:06:58 CET 2024

On Wed, 7 Feb 2024 21:32:56 +0100

> > Am 07.02.2024 um 21:26 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:

> >> Indeed there is none in the kernel command line as I had saved after fixing the U-Boot issue:
> >>
> > Well, I added it and got now:
>
> Should we add this to U-Boot or better to CONFIG_CMDLINE?

well, we have it in CONFIG_CMDLINE on other devices I think.
Basically you need is more often if somehow async probe and enumerations
are used.
Nowadays it is often practically implemented in initramfs/initrd.

Maybe we should use one to have more debug capabilities (kprobes,epbf,etc.)
see

https://fosdem.org/2024/events/attachments/fosdem-2024-3222-linux-matchmaking-helping-devices-and-drivers-find-each-other/slides/22695/linux-matchmaking_Kb0f8OH.pdf

Keyword tracing.