[Letux-kernel] X1600 / LX16 support - here: compile issue

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Feb 7 22:51:16 CET 2024

> Am 07.02.2024 um 22:36 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>
> Then there are dependencies missing in Kconfig that should such a Kconfig from existing.
> Well, we have "make randconfig" and any config generated should at least compile as it is
> used by bots.
>
> We have
> CONFIG_BUILTIN_DTB=y
> CONFIG_MIPS_NO_APPENDED_DTB=y
> # CONFIG_MIPS_ELF_APPENDED_DTB is not set
> # CONFIG_MIPS_RAW_APPENDED_DTB is not set
>
> So if DTB is somehow builtin and not appended,

I think (guess) I remember that this are two different methods to include the DTB in the uImage.
It did need some experimentation to get it work with our U-Boot like with the vendor kernel.

At least CONFIG_BUILTIN_DTB seems to be a generic kernel feature while
CONFIG_MIPS_NO_APPENDED_DTB is MIP specific.

> I guess it is a strong indication that we
> want to use the FIT stuff and by calling make uImage we are gaming the system a bit?
> Not sure yet, if I really understand it now.
>
> But just to not stumble about a subtle thing again: Where does the dtb end
> up now and how it goes to the kernel?

I have to dig out my notes from last summer but I think it is included in the uImage.

At least I didn't consider this important up to "all"... Never touch a running system :)