[Letux-kernel] [BUG] new MIPS compile error on v5.15.27

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Mar 10 17:34:10 CET 2022

> Am 10.03.2022 um 17:28 schrieb Christoph Hellwig <hch at lst.de>:
>
> Please fix <asm/asm.h>.   The most trivial fix might be to only defined
> END() under __ASSEMBLY__, although in the long run it probably wants a
> better name as well.

Well

a) the bug (name conflict) does not occur in v5.16 or later
b) I am in no way responsible for either of the patches or subsystems

So someone else has to either (partially?) backport

commit 348332e000697 ("mm: don't include <linux/blk-cgroup.h> in <linux/writeback.h>")

to 5.17.y

or write your proposed fix just for 5.17.y because it is not required elsewhere.

BR and thanks,