[Letux-kernel] Letux-5.16-rc8 on PinePhone (Developer edition)

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Jan 5 23:55:32 CET 2022

works quite well, boots very fast to X11 (faster than to console login).

But:
a) I can't get the usb gadget working (ifdown/up usb0 does what it should but the remote machine doesn't see it)
b) charging only starts if I run /root/charger script - but it only says "charging" but doesn't
c) WiFi interface is missing
d) no WWAN

so I have only console as external interfaces - not enough for an apt-get update/upgrade

a&b) make me wonder if my USB-C cable is good or broken...

Hm. 1.5V and 0mA? Doesn't sound like the charger is working.

root at letux:~# uname -a
Linux letux 5.16.0-rc8-letux-arm64+ #7877 SMP Wed Jan 5 23:23:56 CET 2022 aarch64 GNU/Linux
root at letux:~#
Battery /sys/class/power_supply/axp20x-battery
==================
type: Battery
present: 1
technology:
capacity: 0%
status: Charging
level:
volt: 150000uV
current: 0uA
temp: 0°C
charge: uAh
full: uAh
design: uAh
energy: J?
power: W?
cycles:
health: Good
discharge: s to empty average
remaining: s to empty
charging: s to full

root at letux:~#

I remember that this all was better in earlier kernels. Have to check which one was still good.