[Letux-kernel] Ethernet interface on Beaglebone Black broken since 5.15.0-rc1-letux+

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sun Sep 26 09:08:43 CEST 2021

Hi Andreas,

> Am 24.09.2021 um 17:11 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 24 Sep 2021 00:06:02 +0200
>>

>> What would be the best way to find the commit which caused the issue?
>>
> If you can see this issue on mainline (maybe with just a custom config
> or something) and do not need features in letux-kernel, then you can
> bisect just mainline.

You were right to point to the obvious...

a) mainline with omap2plus_defconfig (+ minor patches for my build system) works.
(BTW it has no ethernet gadget).

b) mainline with letux_defconfig (+ minor patches for my build system) fails.

c) git diff letux-5.14 letux-5.15-rc1 arch/arm/configs/letux_defconfig
shows a bunch of changes but none is obviously related.

d) git diff letux-5.14 letux-5.15-rc1 arch/arm/configs/omap2plus_defconfig
is empty but some unspecified configs may have a different default now.

Note that I used am335x-boneblack+letux.dtb in both cases a+b (taken from
last build of letux tree and not am335x-boneblack.dtb from mainline).

So enough ideas for further research and potentially a bisect between
v5.14.0 and v5.15-rc1 (each time adding letux_defconfig) may also show
some dependency. Or a config bisect (which is more tricky but doable).