[Letux-kernel] BOG: commit 89c7cb1608ac3 ("of/device: Update dma_range_map only when dev has valid dma-ranges") seems to break Pinephone display or LCDC

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Feb 2 16:07:06 CET 2021

Hi Paul,

> Am 02.02.2021 um 14:42 schrieb Paul Kocialkowski <paul.kocialkowski at bootlin.com>:
>
> Hi Nikolaus,
>
> On Tue 02 Feb 21, 11:50, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>>> Am 02.02.2021 um 10:56 schrieb Paul Kocialkowski <paul.kocialkowski at bootlin.com>:
>>>
>>> Hi Nikolaus,

>>> This may not be strictly the same thing, but is this patch in your tree:
>>> https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-arm-kernel/patch/20210115175831.1184260-2-paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com/
>>>
>>> If not, it's worth a try to add it.
>>
>> No, it hasn't arrived in v5.11-rc6 (or linux-next) yet.
>>
>> But it fixes the issue.
>
> Great! The patch should already be on its way to the next RC.

Fine!

> And nice to see you're active on Pinephone as well!

I have a developer unit and the LetuxOS kernel already supports it a little. This is why I observed the issue with -rc6

> You might remember me from
> the Replicant project, as I've worked a bit on the GTA04 :)

Sure, you are well remembered :)

I still have the dream to revitalize Replicant 4.2 for the GTA04 just for fun. I can already boot to Replicant touch screen with a v5.4 kernel. v5.10 fails when trying to spawn zygote...