[Letux-kernel] Hack to allow to mount UBIFS rootfs from NAND with newer kernels/LetuxOS

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri May 29 16:06:24 CEST 2020

I tried to ./flash-nand some letux-4.19 based rootfs
and it did not mount the rootfs in read-write mode.

It turned out that we have an errors=remount-ro parameter
in /etc/fsck which is specific to ext file systems.

If we boot from NAND we have an ubifs and there the
parameter is unknown and makes the file system being
mounted read-only.

The following hack will be added to the next LetuxOS
kernel revisions so that an errors=remount-ro is simply
ignored.

With this I could install and boot the image from OneNAND
on a GTA04A5 (although the NAND is 99% full).