[Letux-kernel] jz4730

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sat Jun 20 21:42:13 CEST 2020

On Monday, 15 June 2020 14:54:19 CEST H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> Hi Paul,
> I am in the middle of rebasing the letux kernel patch sets to v5.8-rc1
> but this one fails severely:
>
> https://git.goldelico.com/?p=letux-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/letux/
> jz4730-v2
>
> Unfortunately I do not have the time to trace what has changed and make a
> simple fix like for other patch sets.
>
> So maybe can you please take a look at it?

So far, I have reviewed the CGU/clock, TCU and pinctrl functionality, made
some fixes to the earlier work, and it compiles fine in a branch rooted on the
v5.8-rc1 tag in the torvalds/linux repository.

I'm going to try and work through the other functionality. Some things are now
obsolete: for example, the GPIO driver is now incorporated into pinctrl. There
will also be a need to fix up the device tree files, with jz4730.dtsi probably
being in fairly good shape, but with mipsbook_400.dts likely to need a bit
more work.

I'm also aiming to try and incorporate my recently acquired knowledge about
HDMI and the LCD controller to make a recent kernel work in these respects on
the CI20. Hopefully, I will make some progress there as well.

Paul