[Letux-kernel] LetuxOS: Kernel: m-latest 5.7-rc6 successful

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Jun 2 09:31:34 CEST 2020

Hi Stefan,

> Am 01.06.2020 um 23:47 schrieb Stefan Leichter <sle85276 at gmx.de>:
>
> not solve the boot hang reliable. Therefore I re-did the git bisect on 5.7-rc7 and
> booted the kernel up to 10 times before deciding about good or bad.
>
> This brings me to the commit 5bd99ae74ef584bc56895ead2ad070381767ff42 as first
> bad commit.
>
> Reverting the commit make the kernel 5.7-rc7 boot reliable for me.

Can you please try to just disable

CONFIG_OMAP3_PM_OFFMODE=y

I have found a note somewhere that this breaks boot on omap3530 on
the 600MHz Pandora... So it might as well affect the 1GHz Pandora.

On the other hand the GTA04 devices boot well with any setting.

So it may be not omap3530 specific but Pandora specific.

I hope Andreas has an idea why this seems to affect only the OpenPandora.