[Letux-kernel] LetuxOS: Kernel: m-latest 5.7-rc1 successful

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Apr 20 14:19:49 CEST 2020

Hi Stefan,
I have now checked your patch. Yes, you are right. There are data
type errors that need to be fixed. It depends on compiler settings
if they break the build process or are ignored (like my setup).

I have fixed them (a little differently) for 5.7-rc2.

BR and thanks,
Nikolaus

> Am 18.04.2020 um 09:48 schrieb Stefan Leichter <sle85276 at gmx.de>:
>
> Hello Nikolaus,
>
> The kernel dump I posted was from the kernel on your download page.
>
> My self-build kernel doesn't generate anything in /var/log folder.
> Therefore I assume the kernel still panics.
>
> I have no serial debugging option here (at least I don't know about any).

I have good news. The console/FTDI adapter prototypes for the OpenPandora
are working. It just needs a micro-USB cable and some PC with terminal
program.

It is just a matter of time to produce more (and estimate what each one
will cost).

I have attached two photos.