[Letux-kernel] Pandora WiFi / wl1251 driver

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Sep 26 14:59:35 CEST 2019

> Am 25.09.2019 um 18:31 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>
> Now let's check if a revert fixes the issue for 4.7-rc1 or even 4.7.
>
> But there may be follow-up fixes for this patch to consider.
>
> Then we have to find out what the real problem is. Maybe some component
> doesn't support deferred probing. Or the DMA setup for omap3 mmc3
> has a bug that nobody else did notice (the mmc3 interface is rarely
> used by boards - as far as I can see only omap3-zoom3 and pandora).

Ok, the key reason is that the patch introduced in 4.7 assumes that
mmc3 is instantiated through device tree because it now searches the
dma channel through device tree.

But the pdata-quirk for OpenPandora doesn't have a device tree entry.

So we have to get rid of the pdata-quirk code, let DT create the
mmc3 device and driver and have the w1251 as a child node.

This works!

http://git.goldelico.com/?p=letux-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/letux-base-4.7/pandora-wifi

Next, I have to check if we can forward-port this to 4.14, 4.19
and to the tip of the letux development.