[Letux-kernel] SGX and TIMER

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Oct 23 15:45:17 CEST 2019

Hi,
after a little research some findings:

* it is only used by the OMAP drivers in eurasia_km/services4/system/omap
* other platforms use a system timer
* timer is enabled/disabled by AcquireGPTimer() defined in eurasia_km/services4/system/omap/sysutils_linux.c
* there are two methods in the code to initialize the timer chosen by PVR_OMAP_USE_DM_TIMER_API
  a) through omap_dm_timer_*() API
  b) direct register access
* which timer is used on OMAP3/4/5 is defined by GPTIMER_TO_USE in sysutils_linux.c
* this is what I have intended to replace by a <&timer11> phandle in DT
* it seems to be possible to build the kernel module without a timer: PVR_NO_OMAP_TIMER
* I have not yet found where the timer is used...
* There is some magic with the timer address TimerRegPhysBase in eurasia_km/services4/system/omap/sysconfig.c