[Letux-kernel] SGX working on BeagleBone...
H. Nikolaus Schaller
hns at goldelico.com
Sat Oct 12 22:11:12 CEST 2019
I managed to hack the SD card image that I made according to
to run the LetuxOS kernel with the described pvr setup.
* remove bootargs.scr and some unneeded dtbs
* rename the beaglebone.dtb and zImage to the kernel names expected by the U-Boot
* move away all /lib/firmware/*.dtbo overlays
I have even written a small script that can copy things back and forward to
switch between both kernels (ti-4.4 and our letux kernel).
Then I could boot again into the Debian system.
But now using my own pvrsrvkm built from  and the setup described
of the tutorial, I could successfully download the uKernel and run
gles1test1. Unfortunately without LCD cape working so I can't make
a video yet.
root at arm:~# pvrsrvctl --start --no-module
[ 500.690679] PVR_K: UM DDK-(3699939) and KM DDK-(3699939) match. [ OK ]
rroot at arm:~# cat /proc/pvr/version
Version SGX_DDK sgxddk MAIN at 3699939 (release) omap_sgx
System Version String: SGX revision = 125
root at arm:~#
And I checked that we are really running our pvrsrvkm:
root at arm:~# lsmod|fgrep pvr
pvrsrvkm_omap_am335x_sgx530_125 290816 0
drm 356352 4 pvrsrvkm_omap_am335x_sgx530_125,tilcdc,drm_kms_helper
root at arm:~# dmesg|fgrep pvr
[ 26.928017] pvrsrvkm_omap_am335x_sgx530_125: module is from the staging directory, the quality is unknown, you have been warned.
[ 27.527189] [drm] Initialized pvr 1.14.3699939 20110701 for 56000000.sgx on minor 1
root at arm:~# uname -a
Linux arm 5.4.0-rc2-letux+ #1198 SMP PREEMPT Sat Oct 12 18:20:32 CEST 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux
root at arm:~#
* the kernel module is ok!
* the clock and reset and sysc stuff from linux-next and beyond is ok!
* there is something incompatible or broken within our user-space setup
so that ours works only on OMAP5/Pyra for unknown reasons
* the same kernel driver tree can be used to build kernel modules for am335x and omap5
* it is no longer unlikely that this setup also works on omap3/gta04 :)
Next, I have to find the differences in user-space setup to get a better understanding
and find out if I can make a full LetuxOS build work on am335x and omap5. If that works
I can try on omap3...
More information about the Letux-kernel