[Letux-kernel] +++ PVR/SGX with LetuxOS Kernel running on GTA04 +++

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sun Nov 24 12:53:24 CET 2019

Hi Josua,

> Am 24.11.2019 um 11:57 schrieb Josua Mayer <josua.mayer at jm0.eu>:
>
> Well done, Nikolaus!
>
> Am 23.11.19 um 09:36 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller:
>>
>>> Am 23.11.2019 um 09:11 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:

>>> congrats, looks nice.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Well, it is several years late [1] but LetuxOS still provides updates :)
>>
>>> Now the interesting question: Which applications besides typical 3D
>>> stuff run faster with it.
> I found that Wayland Compositors usually utilize OpenGL-ES. Weston has a
> backend using gles, and wlroots also relies on it.
>
> So I would expect the wayland stack in general to profit from this work.

Would this mean we can run Phosh much faster?

It would be a curiosity if our old GTA04 could run Phosh before the Librem 5
arrives at users...

Well, there is certainly something to be done for a complete setup.

AFAIR, our previous attempt was in January and did not work completely:

http://lists.goldelico.com/pipermail/community/2019-January/001938.html

So who wants to help to look into it what needs to be fixed?