[Letux-kernel] Kernel v5.1-rc1 (was: LetuxOS Kernel v5.0-rc1)

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Mar 20 08:30:55 CET 2019

Hi,

> Am 20.03.2019 um 08:19 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>
> Hi,

Ah, I didn't read precisely: "black screen". I get this as well if I eliminate
most Letux patch sets.

This means that one or two hacks are not yet upstream...

> well,
> echo 0 >/sys/class/backlight/backlight/bl_power
> resolved that. Then I had a working display with mainline 5.1-rc1 + dtb-5.1-rc1
>
> I think we are talking about different problems.

Looks so...

My main symptom is that I get a /dev/fb0, X server process is running, backlight
is on, but the screen is completely white. And xset dpms force on/off can
turn backlight on&off. But still only white pixels.

I guess the problem is either the SPI interface to the panel or the pixel
clock/pixel data.

I am currently running a bisect to find out more.