[Letux-kernel] Lay common foundation to make PVR/SGX work without hacks on OMAP34xx, OMAP36xx, AM335x and potentially OMAP4, OMAP5

Merlijn Wajer merlijn at wizzup.org
Sun Mar 10 00:14:12 CET 2019

>>> At least I can download and start firmware. I just have to find a way to fix the omaplfb so that it works
>>> with our omapdrm based panels to runs the CLipBlit test [1] on modern kernels...
>>
>> Maybe you can compare with what we have here:
>> https://github.com/maemo-leste/n9xx-linux/tree/pvr-wip-4.15.7/drivers/gpu/pvr
>
> I'll take a look into it especially how omaplfb is done.
>
> First observation is that there is a "flat" tree while I am working on a structured one...
> But that is just a marginal difference (mainly significant for Makefile writers).

I've ported the Maemo Leste kernel + pvr to 5.0 and it seems to work:
https://github.com/maemo-leste/n9xx-linux/commits/pvr-wip-5.0.y

Should I add this as maemo-leste-n900-5.0 branch (or something) to
https://github.com/openpvrsgx-devgroup/linux_openpvrsgx ?

Cheers,
Merlijn

PS: Would be nice if we can just get a ML with archives soon.