[Letux-kernel] Status 5.0-rc2 on Pyra

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Jan 16 22:19:09 CET 2019

Hi,
I did some initial booting of the latest Letux kernel.
We again have no display but this time the backlight
PWM is missing. Only the keyboard backlight PWM
works. There are no reports from omapdrm about panel
failures and X11 is starting.

Secondly, Tony has suggested a fix for some interrupt
issue.

Applying his patch plus two more where I think he was
referring to [1] makes the interrupt reports during initial
boot go away. So I'll take this for 5.0-rc3.

There will be a new single report from pcal6524 that nobody
cares about some interrupt. This is likely be the ts3a227
headset detection interrupt which was never working
properly before.

And maybe have a look into the backlight issue. And
maybe we can make the ts3a227 work better now.

[1]:
29ec027f335f (HEAD -> work-regmap-irq) regmap-irq: do not write mask register if mask_base is zero
dc657b4e5398 regmap: regmap-irq: silently ignore unsupported type settings
c7551981ac24 ARM: OMAP5+: Fix inverted nirq pin interrupts with irq_set_type
7ed965e3d926 (origin/letux-5.0-rc2, github/letux-5.0-rc2) Merge branch 'letux/omap5-idle' into letux-5.0-rc2