[Letux-kernel] letux-5.0-rc1 - SGX

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Jan 10 10:46:41 CET 2019

> Am 09.01.2019 um 18:04 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>

>> Am 07.01.2019 um 22:05 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I have spent a lot of time to rebase to letux5.0-rc1.
>> It went mostly well, except sound and aess.
>>
>> There has been a significant reorganisation of
>> sound/soc/omap -> sound/soc/ti files which made
>> it impossible to apply our patch set.
>>
>> So I had to filter-branch it to track the file
>> renames, remove some manually and finally update
>> all Kconfig, Makefile and some #include.
>>
>> There were also some other minor issues.
>>
>> Now it compiles - with warnings.
>>
>> I have only compile-tested and did a quick boot
>> test on GTA04.
>>
>> Note that the tree will be overwritten in the
>> next days by more fixes and consolidation of them.
>>
>> Here it is (will be because the git push is still running):
>>
>> 	http://git.goldelico.com/?p=letux-kernel.git;a=heads
>
> Branches have been updated to fix some more issues (mainly AESS and CONFIG).
>
> So I wait for v4.20.1 to arrive so that I can build new binaries
> for everything.

In addition I have tried to configure SGX530 and build our tree.
Thre were some minor API changes in 4.16 and 4.20 which did break
the build. Patches will come...

The /proc/pvr node appears, i.e. the driver loads (on GTA04 with
dm3730).

Anyways, there seems to be a problem now that

root at letux:~# pvrsrvctl --start --no-module
pvrsrvctl: SrvInit failed (already initialized?) (err=4)
root at letux:~#

So either my patches are not perfect (there was something in
vm -> vmf and error handling) or there is something else...

Unfortunately this won't make it working anyways since the
interface to the framebuffer is broken (which should be
rewritten to use DRM). Therfore the GPU does not know the
framebuffer memory address...

Well, we would need a sponsor for 1-2 man years and then
we could (re)work everything (clean up older API, make driver
compatible to kernel conding style, get rid of #if for SGX
variants and replace by if(model)) and more importantly
(back)port the latest PVR/SGX code we have (which does not
only claim to handle OMAP3/4 but also OMAP5, and some Intel
PVR/SGX devices.

But as usual, there is a need, but no mentor.