[Letux-kernel] ov9655 madness in 4.20

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Tue Jan 8 17:23:50 CET 2019

Hi Nikolaus,

On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 20:54:05 +0100

> >> Well, should it be locked somehow? Other modules seems to be able
> >> to describe dependencies and then you can't even rmmod them.
> >>
> > ov9650 should either prevent removal of omap3_isp or the ov9650 should
> > put() the clock when not in use. No idea what is better.
>
> Probably a put(). The camera driver should know if it needs a clock or not...
>
> > But that is low
> > priority as long as we do not know how to give the OMAP ISP-hwmod
> > the right kick in the a** to start again.
>
> Indeed. This problem made me give up working on the driver many months ago,
> because I wasn't able to solve it. So although the plan was to upstream
> the driver (there was someone really intersted in it as well), I moved to
> other topics (and there are always too many :)

hmm, we have a working (kernel 3.7 permits to the camera muliple times)
and a non-working system. So we can make some kind of a "diff".
Did you diff isp_readl/clr/set/writel calls?

Hmm, then we have the iommu. Not sure if there might happen something
interesting.

And i2c access comparison. But I guess that is already boiled.