[Letux-kernel] Raspi3B+ support

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Jan 5 08:21:40 CET 2019

Hi Andreas,

> Am 04.01.2019 um 20:27 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 4 Jan 2019 14:45:47 +0100
>
>> Hi,
>> with help and suggestions from Mark, I finally managed
>> to get our Letux kernel compile and boot on the Raspi3B+.
>>
> Do you add -@ to DTC_FLAGS to make handling dtb overlays easier?

You mean something like:

https://github.com/beagleboard/meta-beagleboard/blob/master/common-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-mainline-3.8/not-capebus/0021-OF-Compile-Device-Tree-sources-with-resolve-option.patch

No, since mainline kernel seems not to build or need any overlays
for RasPi and I am not (yet) aiming at shield/hat/capes. Just a "PC"
like setup (monitor, keyboard, LAN).

But according to DT contents, Ethernet and USB and maybe WLAN should
be supported by v4.20. Maybe I am still missing some CONFIGs.

Most people are building the github raspi kernel trees or the
debian buster kernel and therefore describe only that in their
how-tos. But it doesn't directly help us to integrate RasPi
support into the Letux Kernel.

What I have not yet verified is if we load the correct DTB
(there is no log entry telling a file name).