[Letux-kernel] Comparison PinePhone to Librem 5

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Sat Dec 21 15:58:45 CET 2019

On Sat, 21 Dec 2019 12:04:15 +0100

> IMHO quite well written:
>
> 	https://amosbbatto.wordpress.com/2019/12/01/decide-pinephone-vs-librem-5/
>
> I could now boot my developer PinePhone to Ubuntu Touch and it works.
> Well, it is a little difficult to find out how to operate Ubuntu
> Touch without a user manual... So I could not really use it. But
> this is not the hardware to blame for.
>
> The Galaxy J7 battery doesn't fit 100% so I would have to cut
> off some tiny pieces of plastic to make it fit. Fortunately, it
> started to charge the unlabeld battery that came with the PinePhone.
>
> So if I find time, I want to try to get access to the serial console
> and find out if I can configure the USB port to become an ethernet
> gadget. Both will make software development easier.
>
> The plan is to port LetuxOS and first steps have been made:
>
> http://download.goldelico.com/letux-u-boot/PinePhone/20191220/
> http://git.goldelico.com/?p=letux-makesd.git;a=commit;h=5a2d803d892c1d0124f6123c47b99b7b042021d5
>
> What is missing is a LetuxOS kernel which needs a 64 bit ARM
> (cross)toolchain I currently do not have in my setup. Otherwise
> it should not be difficult to modify the letux_defconfig.

Couldn't you just compile the kernel on the PinePhone?
Would be interesting how long that takes and what you can fry on it
while doing so.

And what is power consumption for just displaying something with  slow
changes. On gta04 my voltage display script shows around 200mA in an
rxvt. What are the values for other devices?