[Letux-kernel] LetuxOS: kernel: letux-5.5-rc1

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Dec 10 15:38:44 CET 2019

> Am 10.12.2019 um 11:30 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>

>> Am 10.12.2019 um 11:21 schrieb andreas at kemnade.info:
>>
>> Hi,

>>> I have rebased our feature branches to v5.5-rc1 and merged.
>>>
>>> Results are:
>>> * CI20 board boots (reporting problems with setting up IRQs)
>>> * neither BeagleBoardBlack nor GTA04 shows any activity after "Starting
>>> kernel..."
>>> * Udoo neo does not boot as well
>>> * RasPi 3B+ the same :-C
>>>
>>> So there is a quite fundamental problem for ARM...
>>>
>> .. in letux additions
>> my autoboot setup happily boots linus/master on letux3704.
>
> Ok, half of the bisect saved :)
>
> And since it affects *all* ARM platforms it can't be some
> subsystem driver.

Yes, with omap2plus_defconfig I can boot the GTA04.
It just makes 5 seconds delay after Starting Kernel...
until something happens.

Only the display remains black, although I have pwm_bl and
panel_simple modules loaded.

Even pvrsrvctl --start --no-module works if I enable SGX.
Just gles1test1 fails because there is no "primary display".

So it must be something "simple", maybe CONFIG related.