[Letux-kernel] pyra wwan

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Aug 2 23:04:01 CEST 2019

> Am 02.08.2019 um 22:49 schrieb aTc <atc at k-n-p.org>:
>
> als3_pls8_an39_usb_interface_v01.pdf has the info on all the ports the modem creates, and on how to get a connection going.
>
> In Pyraos things work slightly different from the docs, but to get a data connection going :
>
> - Wait for the modem to show up.
> - Send the following commands to the modem on /dev/ttyACM1 (i'm just using "picocom /dev/ttyACM1")

Yes, picocom can also be used. femtocom is just one magnitude smaller :)

> # unlock sim card (where 0000 is your PIN)
> 	AT+CPIN=0000
> 		OK
> # attach to the network
> 	AT+CGATT=1
> 		OK
> # create connection (use your provider's apn)
> 	AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","live.vodafone.com"
> 		OK
> # connect it to wwan0
> 	AT^SWWAN=1,1,1
> 		OK
>
> - exit terminal (on picocom ctrl-a + ctrl-q )
> - get an ip address, etc : "dhclient wwan0"
> - done. check "ip a" , "ip r" and /etc/resolv.conf

Oh, great! I think it is not difficult to add it to the wwan script. Pin is defined by the pin script.

Something like

		(
		echo "AT^SBV"; sleep 1	# show battery voltage
		echo "AT+CGATT=1"; sleep 1	# connect to the network
		echo "AT+CGDCONT=1,\"IP\",\"$APN\""	# create connection (use your provider's apn)
		echo "AT^SWWAN=1,1,1"; sleep 1	# connect it to wwan0
		) | $SCRIPTPATH/femtocom $IF
		dhclient wwan0

I'll test as soon as I find time (at the moment I am focussed on SGX).

Thanks for finding out how it works.