[Letux-kernel] missing things in letux-defconfig

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Sat Apr 6 19:19:35 CEST 2019

On Sat, 6 Apr 2019 18:52:11 +0200

> > Am 06.04.2019 um 14:56 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> >> Am 06.04.2019 um 13:20 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> # CONFIG_OMAP3_PM_OFFMODE is not set in the letux_defconfig
> >> leading to increased current consumption. Is there any reason for that?
> >> Did it cause problems?
> >
> > Maybe the reason is simple: there is no patch to enable it and that omission was unnoticed...
> >
> > CONFIG_OMAP3_PM_OFFMODE was auto-added as "is not set" in letux-5.0.0-rc5.
>
> There might be a second factor:
>
> 7b978754f915 hack that makes GTA04A4 boot again
>
> This was included up to 5.0-rc4 but seems to have disappeared in 5.0-rc5 without
> making known trouble... Maybe because CONFIG_OMAP3_PM_OFFMODE is not enabled?

I rewrote my offmode patch and I did not see trouble on gta04a4 +
letux3704. At that time I changed it to be configuration option and
tried to upstream that. So it would be good if it gets tested.

I could not see trouble with it on gta04a4 + letux3704.
So for me it was unclear whether it was simply forgotten or whether it
was disabled because of problems.