[Letux-kernel] LetuxOS: driver for bq24297 (Pyra charger)

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Sep 27 16:52:48 CEST 2018

Hi,
the driver was unreliable to detect usb unplug and plug and (re)start charging.

So I did improve it in several areas:

1. detect status flag (REG9/CHRG_FAULT) that tells if the power adapter was
   unplugged even if the driver wasn't directly immediately VBUS
   (previously we checked only once a second for VBUS and a quick power drop wasn't
   recognised by the driver code but made the charger chip change its state)
2. move all status flag detection into single place for interrupt handler/polling
   (this avoids races and inconsistent reports to /sys)
3. fix presentation of VBUS to /sys if it is detected to be too low and the charger
   goes into DPM (Dynamic Power Management i.e. self-limit current consumption) mode
4. fix coarse reporting of NTC temperature (don't expect too much: it has only 3
   levels -10°C, 22.5°C, 60°C and no real ADC)
5. significant code cleanup to get rid of all static variables

I haven't committed the patches yet, but plan to do so for v4.19-rc6. Or maybe v4.18.11.
Whatever will be processed first.

Attached is the full source file if you want to give it a try.
It should work with 4.14 to 4.18 as well (I am not aware of API dependencies).