[Letux-kernel] Letux OS: Kernel 4.19-rc4

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Sep 18 08:30:58 CEST 2018

Hi all,
I have finally updated our kernel trees to

	letux-4.14.70
	letux-4.18.8
	letux-4.19-rc4

and as usual there are binaries and sources at the known locations.

Regarding 4.19-rc4 we have quite some construction sites, unfortunately
with some regressions.

Here is the list of (significantly) broken things that I am aware of:

Pyra:
* OMAP5 TILER is no longer scanning through the frame buffer and appears to fetch from a fixed address
* "reboot" hangs if timer8 is in use
* bq2429x charger driver is far from being perfect (sometimes does not detect USB unplug/replug and charging does not start)
* AESS does not load firmware and even without, audio is broken
* PVR/SGX integration is missing
* sd/eMMC switch driver is missing

GTA04:
* camera driver is still not stable and incomplete
* PVR/SGX integration is incomplete

Others:
* Pandora WLAN is broken
* Pandora Audio is missing
* problems with generic-adc-battery (unreliable readings, % report less precise than it could be)
* Udoo neo: no HDMI driver

So all this needs help and support from our community.