[Letux-kernel] AESS / Audio Driver for Pyra

Michael Mrozek EvilDragon at openpandora.org
Mon Oct 29 14:47:12 CET 2018

Am Montag, den 29.10.2018, 13:31 +0100 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller:

Hi,

> > Well, do you know when firmware loading changed?
> > Because right now, it seems Kernel 4.16/4.17 broke the audio system even
> > without AESS and 4.16 also broke TILER.
> Are you sure? For me, 4.19-rc1 broke the TILER and it is fixed since 4.19-rc6.
> And I have not seen any difference between 4.15 and 4.16 for display.

At least with 4.15 it already shows and rotates the console output when booting
and that didn't work anymore with 4.17 (I'm not sure we've tested 4.16).

> > With 4.15, all this was still working fine - so if your patch would work
> > with 4.15, I am thinking of using 4.15 for a release.
> > Once it's out, we have more
> > devs who can work on future kernel releases.
> Just wait. Maybe, it is just one (missing?) patch which fixes audio for
> 4.19...

Maybe, but right now, 4.15 seems to work best for us, at least regarding TILER
and audio.

> But beware: 4.15 has several bugs and missing features (e.g. charger, OTG
> mode, etc.) that have been fixed between 4.16 and 4.19.

Have these all fixed by you or upstream?
Can these patches be applied to 4.15 as well or is that not possible?

--
Greetings,

Michael Mrozek

-----------------------