[Letux-kernel] LetuxOS Kernel 4.19-rc6 available

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Oct 1 14:23:28 CEST 2018

Hi,
finally we have a kernel 4.19-rc6 tree.

The biggest single achievement is that the OMAP5 TILER is
working again so a Pyra can be tested again through and for
GUI operations. For example it is easier to watch the % display
of the battery fuel monitor on screen than running terminal
commands.

It turned out that there had been 3 tiny bugs introduced
by trying to merge our patches on top of v4.19-rc1 mainline
changes:

* local variable still used but uninitialized (missed correct
  manual conflict resolution)
* missing unlock in error case (upstream has restructured error
  path)
* virtual address was only returned but not stored in object
  (upstream: return path uses new separate variable for return value)

So I am happy that I finally was able to fix this, despite
having no understanding how and why this code makes the TILER work...

Let's hope that 4.20-rc1 isn't introducing new bugs :)

Other patches (thanks to Andreas for taking care of GTA04/OMAP3
power management):

* bq24297: big fixes for USB detection and code cleanup
* omapdrm: revert patch where there is a better upstream solution
* cleanup of some branches with ancient (but useful) patches
* ov9655: clean up stuff if chip not detected
* fixes for OMAP5 TILER
* Udoo neo: make orange led being triggered by CPU activities

Next, I'll focus again on the reboot and freeze issues.

As usual, the entry point to sources & binaries is:

	http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/