[Letux-kernel] DSI & DPI panels with omapdrm on 4.20-rc

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Nov 14 17:13:36 CET 2018

Hi Andreas,

> Am 14.11.2018 um 12:19 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 11:42:56 +0100
>
>> Hi Tomi,
>> I now also have a problem with a DPI panel on an OMAP3.
>>
> There used to be  some graphs inconsistency warnings during dtb compile,
> so maybe they are just now start to harm? So the panel-tpo-td028ttec1
> is somehow not completely overwritten.

Yes, DTC became much more critical...

It now warns about a bad i2c address if you choose chip at 08 instead of chip at 8 for the DT node...

Previously we just had a "status = "disabled" in the DT for the tpo panel.

I have fixed that already by using /delete-node/ but it does not improve
(except that DTC becomes more happy). So it is not the reason of the problem.

> I will probably test dpi this evening.

Please, so that we have a second check.