[Letux-kernel] DSI & DPI panels with omapdrm on 4.20-rc

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Nov 14 11:42:56 CET 2018

Hi Tomi,
I now also have a problem with a DPI panel on an OMAP3.

Here is the DT definition which works up to 4.19.1:

	aliases {
		display0 = &lcd_b2;
		display1 = &tv0;
	};

	lcd_b2: lcd {
		compatible =	"ortustech,com37h3m05dtc",
				"ortustech,com37h3m099dtc",
				"panel-dpi";
		label = "lcd";
		enable-gpios = <&gpio1 20 0>;

		panel-timing {
			clock-frequency = <22153000>;

			hback-porch = <10>;
			hactive = <480>;
			hfront-porch = <8>;
			hsync-len = <10>;

			vback-porch = <4>;
			vactive = <640>;
			vfront-porch = <4>;
			vsync-len = <3>;

			hsync-active = <0>;
			vsync-active = <0>;
			de-active = <1>;
			pixelclk-active = <1>;

		};

		port {
			lcd_b2_in: endpoint {
				remote-endpoint = <&dpi_out>;
			};
		};
	};

&dss {
	pinctrl-names = "default";
	pinctrl-0 = < &dss_dpi_pins >;

	status = "okay";

	port {
		dpi_out: endpoint {
			remote-endpoint = <&lcd_b2_in>;
			data-lines = <24>;
		};
	};
};

The Panel basically works but the picture repeats the first column in all
columns of the left half of the screen.

The only panel we currently have working with 4.20-rc2 is the GTA04 with
driver panel-tpo-td028ttec1.

BR and thanks for suggestions how to fix things,
Nikolaus