[Letux-kernel] omap_hsmmc + gta04 + sdio irq + runtime_suspend + 4 bit = trouble

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Fri Nov 9 07:02:15 CET 2018

On Thu, 8 Nov 2018 13:29:54 -0600
Adam Ford <aford173 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 12:41 PM Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 8 Nov 2018 09:06:37 -0800
> > Tony Lindgren <tony at atomide.com> wrote:
> >
> > > * Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info> [181106 21:37]:

> I have been following this thread which had me run some experiments of
> my own using a DM3730 and a WiFi chip with the SDIO interface.  Can
> you tell me what you did to measure this performance difference?  I'd
> like to run some tests on my hardware to see if the same applies to my
> boards too.

well, there are tools like iperf.

Or you can simply run
nc -lp some_wild_port </dev/zero
on one side and
nc -n ip_of_other_device some_wild_port | buffer -z 128k >/dev/null
on the other.

Or you can simply run
ssh ip_of_other_device "cat /dev/zero" | buffer -z 128k >/dev/null

Note: the last ones are not the most precise ones, so you have to
at least wait until values stabilize. The faster you type your password
the less you have to wait.

Also check the mmc debugfs files to see whether you are using 4bit or 1bit,
polled or sdio-irq mode.