[Letux-kernel] Fixing TILER

Matthijs van Duin matthijsvanduin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 01:14:15 CET 2018

On Sun, 4 Nov 2018 at 19:49, H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
> > That either means:
> > 1. you're using software rotation, or
> > 2. you're using xorg-video-omap, which has always worked (even without
> > my patches).
>
> I think I use Driver "omap" but xrandr refuses to rotate left/right
> unless your patches are included. I have not checked which one does
> make the difference.

I'm very very confused by this. I have no idea how my patches could
possibly in any way affect whether xrandr works, for any xorg video
driver actually. I'm also quite certain that rotation works (or at
least always used to work) for xorg-video-omap without my patches,
albeit with poor performance.

On Sun, 4 Nov 2018 at 20:04, H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
> Ideally this panel orientation parameter should not even be any "orientation quirks"
> or kernel parameter. It should be a property of either the display controller or
> the panel in the device tree.

Yeah it should be a DT property of the panel.

> Would you want to do this yourself or should I take the lead of editing
> and sending patches (and you jumping into the discussion for details I
> can't explain)?

Depends on which patches you're referring to exactly. If you want to
work with upstream to get a DT property for panel orientation, and
support for 90-degree fbdev rotation (even though it won't work for
omapdrm in mainline yet) that would be great.

I'm currently working on being able to properly map a tiled
framebuffer without the hideous zero-percent-chance-of-upstreaming
hacks that are in my patches as they are right now. I also think I
understand how to get dma-buf export working for them.

Matthijs