[Letux-kernel] Upstreaming GTA04.dts changes

Josua Mayer josua.mayer at jm0.eu
Mon Jul 23 17:15:17 CEST 2018

Hi Nikolaus,

I am a little concerned by the model name changes.
Debian flash-kernel uses that field to identify devices. So if it is
going to change, I should change my suggestion in the debian bug report.
Not a big deal though.

As to the ham1 vs. bch8 change, it nags inside me.
If that gets accepted upstream, can it be marked as a fix for -stable
releases? Because all of our u-boots used ham1, right?

The other thing that works in my mind is the fact that bootrom uses ham1
for reading the first 512 bytes (SPL),
but the gpmc supports bch8 calculations so after those 512 bytes we
could use bch8.
However the knot in my mind is how to model that in DT:
a) make spl partition read-only
b) make ecc a property of the spl partition (is that even possible?
Should it be possible?)
c) just use ham1 all the time to avoid this headache <-- I am sure this
is what you want
I haven't given the other parts a close look yet though.