[Letux-kernel] Upstreaming GTA04.dts changes

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Sun Jul 22 12:39:44 CEST 2018

On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 23:06:17 +0200

> > Am 21.07.2018 um 21:42 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
> >
> > On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 18:50:28 +0200
> > "H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >> I have worked a little on the omap3-gta*.dts*
> >> files, mainly
> >>
> >> http://git.goldelico.com/?p=letux-kernel.git;a=blob;f=arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-gta04.dtsi;h=17700daee9b404a1792ffc62c50d129a2be0f259;hb=refs/heads/letux-4.18-rc5
> >>
> >> so that there is already a batch of
> >> patches that I think can be upstreamed.
> >>
> >> I have (hopefully) well-formatted patches
> >> for the first (public) section (which already
> >> exists upstream).
> >>
> >> There are some patches where I am unsure and
> >> some which are very likely not accepted.
> >> Those are marked "unsure" and "exclude".
> >>
> >> Then, there are patches in the second (private)
> >> section (which starts at line 711) of our current
> >> source file which I think can be moved to the
> >> public section:
> >>
> >> This are:
> >> * omap3isp incl. pinmux (but not camera)
> >> * antenna detect by gpio (not by extcon)
> >> * defconf1 for tvout
> >> * unsure: defconf0 for mcbsp1
> >
> > hmm, is mcbsp1 working somewhere with devicetree or am I only blind to not see it?
>
> Here: http://git.goldelico.com/?p=letux-kernel.git;a=blob;f=arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-gta04.dtsi;h=03950613d05189ff498032c3106b6d925e6bb9f8;hb=a29bd10475f277f9f49e7437486553a88f716e73#l964

No, what I mean is that
1. arecord -l lists mcbsp1
2. arecord gets data from mcbsp1

So we have a proof that our mcbsp1 configuration is correct.

root at gta04:~# arecord -l
**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
card 0: gta04 [gta04], device 0: TWL4030 HiFi twl4030-hifi-0 []
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: voice [GTA04 voice], device 0: 49026000.mcbsp-gtm601 gtm601-0 []
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

I would expect some GTA04 fm entry here.

Regards