[Letux-kernel] AESS driver

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Jul 4 11:38:13 CEST 2018

> Am 04.07.2018 um 11:32 schrieb Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com>:
>
> Hi Nikolaus,
> On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 10:51 AM H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Marek,

>> Thanks!
>>
>> I have looked into what happened. First of all I did a wrong fixup of a merge
>> conflict so that I added code back to letux-4.18-rc1 which was removed upstream.
>> So the compiler stumbled about some missing functions.
>>
>> But the bigger problem is that struct snd_soc_platform * has gone and is to
>> be replaced by struct snd_soc_component * and associated helper functions.
>>
>> I have started to rework this (hopefully without breaking things), but it is
>> not complete (I just touched 3 or 4 files and not all relevant for aess) and
>> it still does not compile.
> I think in 4.17 something also changed to snd_soc_component and I have
> already fixups for that in my branch.
> I would like to try it on my branch first (but not sure how to fill DT
> yet) and then if it will work we can bump it (to avoid so many things
> in once ;))

Yes, indeed. We should finally mix things back into one branch. If we
are lucky we can cherry-pick everything...

But for the moment it is indeed the best if you try to fix the DT with 4.17
and try to make it show some user-space activities :)

It should be orthogonal to driver code anyways, i.e. should not need to
be changed by updating to 4.18-rc.