[Letux-kernel] [small team RFC v3 00/10] Make use of TILER for OMAP5/Pyra LCD

Sebastian Reichel sre at kernel.org
Tue Feb 6 10:32:19 CET 2018

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 06, 2018 at 09:40:02AM +0100, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>> Another question:
>> Sebastian Reichel showed a rotated console on omap4 in his
>> fosdem presentation, so can we do it the same way?
>
> Interesting.
>
> Well, we can do it the same way if we know the way he is doing it.
> Did he share any details? Or a pointer to the code doing this?

I just specified "fbcon=rotate:1" on the command line. This will
result in the kernel console being rendered rotated on all displays.
This directly renders the console rotated, so it's completly
unrelated to omapdrm. X is not affected and will start without
rotation being applied. For Droid 4 / OMAP4 xrandr based rotation
does work without any patches, though (except for [0]).

I plan to add support for the new "panel orientation" property [1]
to omapdrm once support for manually updated displays landed. This
should help to get rotation applied correctly out of the box without
any hacks required in the omapdrm code.

[0] https://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2018-February/055793.html
[1] https://www.spinics.net/lists/dri-devel/msg158239.html

-- Sebastian