[Letux-kernel] Openmoke charger detection

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Sat Dec 29 17:36:18 CET 2018

Hi,

I heard reports there that some people have usb problems if the
gta04 is booted with usb cable attached, so the cable needs to be
re-attached. I do not have the trouble.
Before doing more research, one thing comes to my mind. The id pin
status check. I have disabled it in my systems because I do not have an
openmoke charger anymore. I think I have forgotten it on some trip.
If the id status pin check is done during probing, I am quite sure
that there is a race condition that under some circumstances triggers.

What I am wondering here is: Are people still using the om charger so
that it is something worth fixing? Or is it simply enough to disable
the om charger check in the udev rules.

I will probably try to use a fresh, plain letux system and try to
reproduce problems there. The id pin status check was just something
coming to my mind. If there is a race condition involved I might also
be just on the lucky side.