[Letux-kernel] Strange problem with non-LPAE letux-4.20-rc kernels on 4GB Pyra only

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Wed Dec 5 07:18:41 CET 2018

Hi Nikolaus,

On Tue, 4 Dec 2018 23:00:13 +0100

[...]
> > root at letux:~# uname -a
> > Linux letux 4.20.0-rc4-letux+ #3 SMP PREEMPT Fri Nov 30 20:38:05 CET 2018 armv7l GNU/Linux
> > root at letux:~#
> >
> > panel enable is called here (my tree).
>
> Did you remove anything? I had tried with and without TILER patches and not seen a difference.

Did you try my git branch?
https://github.com/akemnade/linux
pyra-display-4.20-rc4

I did not want upload anything on the goldelico server which
is not a clean feature branch.
[...]
> This kernel binary was compiled Thu Nov 22 05:25:33
>
> So something is broken in the mmc subsystem and sometimes works and
> sometimes doesn't Most likely depending on the month number reported
> by RTC.

I am missing lines like that. So really a mmc problem.

[    3.050931] mmc3: new high speed SDHC card at address 59b4
[    3.057501] mmcblk3: mmc3:59b4 USD   7.51 GiB
[    3.063538]  mmcblk3: p1 p2

What happens if you compile the mmc host driver as a module
and load it manually (or unbind/rebind the driver)?
Just to check whether something just needs more
time. I would then expect that to fail at all times.