[Letux-kernel] omap_hsmmc_init/omap_hsmmc_late_init

Tony Lindgren tony at atomide.com
Fri Sep 8 18:00:56 CEST 2017

* H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> [170908 08:39]:
> > Am 08.09.2017 um 17:03 schrieb Tony Lindgren <tony at atomide.com>:
> > Yeah we should fix it.
>
> Ok, I will post my patch for review.

OK

> > Then just pass the pandora wifi
> > platform_data using pdata-quirks.c as auxdata. Then get
> > rid of the last remaining legacy hsmmc code.
> >
> > Looks like struct fixed_voltage_config pandora_vwlan can
> > become just a dts fixed regulator.
>
> Yes.
>
> > Not sure if we can
> > pass the MMC_QUIRK_NONSTD_SDIO via dts, but I think that
> > can be passed in platform_data.

Hmm it might be possible to just init the MMC_QUIRK_NONSTD_SDIO
in omap_hsmmc.c driver directly based on a custom compatible
like "ti,omap4-hsmmc-wl1251". But maybe there's some better
solution that would be more future proof with the SDHCI driver
work progressing nicely.

Anyways, getting rid of the platform_data for hsmmc sure
would make things simpler.

Regards,

Tony