[Letux-kernel] omap_hsmmc_init/omap_hsmmc_late_init

Tony Lindgren tony at atomide.com
Fri Sep 8 17:03:15 CEST 2017

* H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> [170908 07:25]:
> Hi Tony,
>
> I am stumbling over some legacy OpenPandora code, which seems to be
> the last board which needs special hsmmc quirks for the WiFi chip.
> 62696d looks like ASCII... Buffer overflow in udevd? Maybe triggered by a duplicate hsmmc
> device?
>
> But as said it is gone if I work around the omap_hsmmc.2 error.

Hmm sounds bad..

> Then I compared some older kernels and it appears as if WiFi and the mmc3 interface is
> broken for quite some long time:
>
> 4.4.0	no mmc2 sysfs message, WiFi available, DSS works
> 4.6.0	no mmc2 sysfs message, WiFi available, DSS works
> 4.7.0	no mmc2 sysfs message, WiFi not available, DSS works
> 4.8.0	no mmc2 sysfs message, WiFi not available, DSS works
> 4.12.0	no mmc2 sysfs message, WiFi not available, DSS works
> 4.13.0	sysfs mmc2 warning, WiFi not available, DSS fails

Grr. I guess nobody has been using pandora with mainline
kernel for a while.

> Any suggestions? Is fixing the omap_hsmmc_done != 1 at least part of a solution?

Yeah we should fix it. Then just pass the pandora wifi
platform_data using pdata-quirks.c as auxdata. Then get
rid of the last remaining legacy hsmmc code.

Looks like struct fixed_voltage_config pandora_vwlan can
become just a dts fixed regulator. Not sure if we can
pass the MMC_QUIRK_NONSTD_SDIO via dts, but I think that
can be passed in platform_data.

Regards,

Tony