[Letux-kernel] Letux 4.12-rc3 coming

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon May 29 16:16:45 CEST 2017

Hi Marek,

> Am 29.05.2017 um 12:50 schrieb Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com>:
>
> Hi Nikolaus,
>
> On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 11:13 AM, H. Nikolaus Schaller
> <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
>> I am just upgrading to 4.12-rc3. There have again been changes to serdev (and its integration into tty).
>> Bluetooth did kernel panic on GTA04A5 but worked on Pyra with just a lock dependency warning (both are using the same WL1837MOD).
>> Otherwise things seem to work better. The double-probe() problem of serdev+tty drivers has disappeared.
>>
>> Next I am thinking about the Bluetooth support. I didn't know so far that there is sort of kernel-built-in-hciattach.
>> I.e. we just have to register the w2cbw as a hci device and there is no need for a user-space daemon any more.
> It's some new feature added to recent kernels? maybe this one:
> drivers/bluetooth/hci_serdev.c.

Yes, indeed.

> I would be interested to look further
> as I had in past problems with BT on my gta04. Thanks.

We should also check what Rob Herring recommended in his response to my RFC.

So far it look as if the new hci_uart_register_device() is only used by
drivers/bluetooth//hci_nokia.c and drivers/bluetooth//hci_ll.c

The question is how these new APIs are to be used. I must admit that I
don't understand them...