[Letux-kernel] GAB-driver

Belisko Marek marek.belisko at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 21:02:34 CEST 2017

Hi Nikolaus,

On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 10:04 PM, Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Nikolaus,
>
> On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 9:58 PM, H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
>> Hi Marek,
>> 4.13 has arrived and there seems to be a definition of a battery node for bq27xxx drivers:
> I did saw update of issue. Thanks for sharing.
>>
>> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/power/supply/bq27xxx.txt?id=e2517f3bb44b1ac3772858f4bca0be05d36f492d
>>
>> And a generic monitoring binding:
>>
>> http://elixir.free-electrons.com/linux/v4.13-rc1/source/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/power/supply/battery.txt
>>
>> This looks like something we should use as well.
I did look to what was implemented and I think we can somehow reuse
it. We need to extend simple-battery for technology and based on that
setup correct charging/discharging characteristics. I think before
going that way would be better to ask or maybe post my generic-adc
changes for review to get some feedback and then continue. What do you
think?

>> Do you think you will find a little time to take care of the GAB driver again?
> Definitely. I returned today from my holidays (Croatia) so I'm full of
> energy to start again do some real kernel work. I'll keep you updated.
>>
>> Maybe we can propose to extend the battery node to describe battery chemistry as well.
> Yes that make sense let's see what Pavel will complain about :).
>>
>> BR,
>> Nikolaus
>>

> Thanks and BR,
>
> marek
>

> --
> as simple and primitive as possible
> Marek Belisko - OPEN-NANDRA
> Freelance Developer
>
> Ruska Nova Ves 219 | Presov, 08005 Slovak Republic
> Tel: +421 915 052 184
> skype: marekwhite
> twitter: #opennandra
> web: http://open-nandra.com