[Letux-kernel] Letux 4.13-rc1

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Jul 19 18:52:49 CEST 2017

> Am 18.07.2017 um 12:29 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>

>> Am 18.07.2017 um 11:02 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I did run the scripts to move forwards to 4.13-rc1.
>> There wasn't much to be manually fixed.
>> Only the TILER branch has become significantly incompatible so that I have removed it from merging.
>> This is something to check later.
>> And I reestablished the alternate ov9655 driver we had in 3.12 and did some modernization.
>>
>> A really nice new feature is that the bq27xxx drivers now can query the DT for nominal
>> battery capacity. So I have added battery-nodes to the DTs.
>>
>> Unfortunately for testing, the kernel does not boot very stable on the GTA04.
>> It reports 3 or 4 oops, not all modules are loaded (modprobe hangs).
>> And I have to press ctrl-C to kill some blocked process before boot continues and login: appears
>> and X11/LXDE starts.
>
> I should add:
> * there are errors from the MMC subsystem (mmcblk0: error -5 sending stop command, original cmd response 0x900, card status 0x900)
> * there are very similar problems on the Pyra
>

>> Maybe someone can also look on it in parallel to me:
>>
>> http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=heads

More detailed look into the logs shows: I get 3 warnings and issues around __setup_irq.
The first one comes from the pinctrl subsystem. Two others come from the BMA180 driver - but
that may just be the trigger and not the reason.

And the mmc error seen may be a followup bug.

Sebastian Reichel already has tested:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2017/7/10/311

The discussion is lengthy and includes Linus...

And it seems to be a problem of all omap devices (haven't tried on i.MX6 yet).

There seem to be approx. 3 different "solutions" but people are not sure if
it is a problem in irq handling, general omap or pinctrl.

It is difficult to find out if they already came to a solution for patching
our -rc1 or if we have to wait for -rc2 or -rc3 for something to appear.

It seems that there is some irq related patch I will try:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=935acd3f5ebc34984bd4de075e0f83e6ea10c28d