[Letux-kernel] w2sg004 woes

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Sun Feb 12 20:19:19 CET 2017

Hi,

On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 10:11:38 +0100

> > Am 12.02.2017 um 09:43 schrieb Andreas Kemnade
> > <andreas at kemnade.info>:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just noticed this waring occuring when the gps module is loaded
> > with a recent kernel.
> > Maybe someone knows about what is wring.
>
> Yes. It comes from the tty/uart layer and our uart-slave patches. It
> seems that uart_change_pm is not allowed during driver probing. Or
> some pm isn't initialized at this point. Or something else :)
>
> Since this warning does not harm (except for a 200ms boot delay), I
> did not invest any time to fix it.
>
> Anyways, we have to rework the w2sg driver completely to get it
> upstream by using the new serdev interface. This means that this call
> sequence will go away completely and we will remove our own fix in
> the end...
>
> There is already a w2sg driver skeleton based on serdev in branch
> work/hns/misc/w2sg-serdev.

Does that mean... there is support for advanced serial stuff accepted by
mainline so that we simply can build our serial pm stuff upon it
so that we can finally upstream these things after long years?

I just stumbled upon this message because the gps pm seems to have
problems on my gta04a4.
I wrote some stuff to better analyze power consumption
and found out nothing suspicious about the gta04a5 hardware
and musb/twl4030-phy pm seems to work at least under some conditions.
I will analyze further.