[Letux-kernel] Turning off 3g in uboot

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Wed Feb 1 17:26:01 CET 2017

Hi,

I remember a paragraph in the gta04 user guide:

Note: if the CPU is powered down through the emergency function (Power
button pressed for >8 seconds) the module may remain powered on,
although everything else is off. Although it typically draws only 3-10
mA it may try to re-register to the network and in certain conditions
(signal received from the base station is better than the own
transmitted signal) it may draw up to 100 mA and send GSM bursts while
unsuccessfully trying to re- register to base stations. It should be
possible to handle that by some U-Boot hack (U-Boot starts but shuts
down after release of the Power button).

What are the opinions about that now? If I understand correctly that
should be doable more easily on GTA04A5.