[Letux-kernel] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Where does RTC actually work

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Wed Feb 1 07:36:07 CET 2017

Hi,
I tried further with that 4.7.0 kernel and the letux3704:
setting the clock in linux and then power down the system by pressing
the power key for 10 seconds also gives the wrong hour at least in the
new uboot.
But only after first update (=writing 1 to GET_TIME in
RTC_CTRL_REG).

In an old uboot I did read out the time correctly on the same device and
had also correct

Booting into a shell with init=/bin/bash indicates only the same wrong
hour which I already have seen in uboot.

Fully booting into the kernel with such a wrong hour results in
having the year 2066 in the hw clock.

So probably this might be a combination of several things:

- MSECURE might not be handled correctly at every time.
- something mixes up i2c registers and
   - messes with the clock and/or
   - some oscillators
- something does not like the extra hours and sets tho clock to
  2066.

So that might help to analyze the code.

Well the fix is not to fix the hours but to add that extra hours to
the time available for open source development. ;-)