[Letux-kernel] patchset enable distro support

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Mon Apr 17 23:55:29 CEST 2017

Hi,

On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 21:35:50 +0200
Josua Mayer <josua.mayer at jm0.eu> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Here comes another patch for this set. It passes on the console=ttyO2
> cmdline option as part of devicetree.
> This is mostly useful because grub has no way of coming up with this
> option on its own.
>
> Now it is completely sufficient to launch linux from grub using just
> *one* cmdline option, namely root=, and still get a working console on
> serial!!!!

and what if I do not want that? Can the console cmdline option still
override/influence that?
I personally use just framebuffer console often. Then I can see what
happens during boot if the case is not open. Serial console is
of course important if you want to do intense debugging on your desk at
home.